www.expediterworld.com
www.truckstopuk.co.uk
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Pre-Trip Inspections

Default Pre-Trip Inspections

Problem::
    I went to this driving school here in surrey BC Canada A very well known school as a matter of fact been in the teaching business since 1955 I went on there class 1 drivers training program $1880.00 Paid in full.I went on my road test on 22/06/07 D/M/Y passed when I did my pre trip Boy o Boy
    did I ever fail bad no no I mean bad.So anyway I went back to the school and said I failed my pre trip so is there anyway that I can practice my pre trip before my next test on 28/06/07 with one of the instructors they said ya sure there is 6 other people that have to do the same thing as you do so I went to the school today at 9am and would you beleave it nobody was in the office so I talked to the instructor that had taught me about practiceing my pre trip and he say's well see what do you mean well see he say's well I'm pretty bussy and I don't have time this week so I said none of your other students will be taking there pre trip this week any way to make a long story short I got the Green oscar myer..

So I was wondering is there anybody that teaches pre trip in my area
    All I need is about 2 hrs a day untill test time or if someone runs a course on it.I can pay for the truck time no problem I just want to pass the second time at least this time I will get the hands on training.I have a paper that the school gave me to study thats all I have to work with.
    If somebody has a Suggestion I'm all ears.

Don't know how much different your test is from the Alberta one,but the "pretrip" check list should be complete as found in the provincial class 1 drivers manual,in other words a complete walk around of the rig.In BC does the government consider in cab air brake test a separate matter ? Does the BC test require you to demonstrate setting slack adjusters ?Which part of the over all "pretrip" are you practicing? When I did my test June 15 the examiner only asked me to describe all steps of the in cab air test,setting the slack adjusters was not part of the test.Hope the next test goes well for you.

Does the BC test require you to demonstrate setting slack adjusters?

yes; We have to explain how to set them up then we have to demonstrate it.

In BC does the government consider in cab air brake test a separate matter?

Yes There is a pre trip test your walk around then there is an air brake test in side the cab and out side the cab.

Which part of the over all "pretrip" are you practicing
    pre trip ( walk around)and air systems.

I'm glad it's done this way it is not an easy thing to pass but it is supposed to be hard class 1 is the top

I passed 28/06/07 12:45 pm cost $2500 after all the smoke clears.tax deductable of course.

Darmik