www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Some photos of a visit to PACAAR's Research Centre

Default Some photos of a visit to PACAAR's Research Centre

Rodeo, Rodeo's friend Chuck and I drove an hour south of the border in Washington to PACAAR's Research Centre. Rodeo has been there before but for me it was a first. I found it to be a worthwhile day with a lot of interesting and cool exhibits. Unfortunately, in all the really interesting ones photos were prohibited. I liked the one where they demonstrated a 3D printer and showed a bunch of prototype pieces they were designing. Another one was where they had a big steel deck mounted in concrete ... roughly 40 x 40 feet. On the deck they had several exhibits with truck cabs and steps and doors and fuel tank hangers. Each one had hydraulic lines and computer controlled mechanisms to shake the parts, twist them and otherwise try to destroy them. At another exhibit they had some laminate pieces they broke and exposed to chemicals that caused them to fail prematurely.

There was a lot more.

Here are some photos of some of the trucks. I like old trucks, big trucks and trucks that look like trucks so if that's not for you ....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r8cjggdhxzmltb/PACCAR%20Slideshow.m4v?dl=0
    Cheers
    Maxx

One of the good things about living in a small community is when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.

Default Re: Some photos of a visit to PACAAR's Research Centre

Cool!

A lot of those tandem-steer cabovers come here to get turned into oilfield service trucks for the overseas market.
    There's a nap for that.

Maxwell Technology battery costs close to $1K>expensive battery!
    I'm not a baker, I don't sugarcoat anything!

If you're not skilled on the job, you could be killed on the job.

Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap
    Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

Hawk is offline RIP We will never forget you

I have a story to go with this. Many years ago (Early 50’s) I was riding a motorcycle over some God forsaken mountain back of Bellingham. I was cold, wet and thoroughly exhausted having dropped the thing a half dozen times, fouled the plug and had been kicking it to no avail. A local Bellingham rider, Pat Piggot stopped (costing him 1st place in the event) to help me get the plug out, dry it with a cigarette lighter, kick start the beast and get me going.

Later, I found out that Pat owned the Bellingham VW Dealership (Evergreen Motors) and we became good friends riding lots of events and miles. When his passions moved to sports racing cars, I again helped out by commuting from West Vancouver to Bellingham to work on his cars. I remember one morning he wasn’t quite ready yet so I decided to warm up the Lotus …. To the bottom of the Chuckanut and back! Pat was impressed!
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/Pat-Pigott-USA.html

In 1962, we lost Pat.
    https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2245&dat=19621011&id=MbQzAAAAIBAJ&s jid=hzIHAAAAIBAJ&pg=6915,1184223&hl=en

About 7 or 8 years ago I was told a bit more about Pat. It seems that his Father was building rolling stock for the railroads around the turn of the century. The company was Pacific Car & Foundry.Today, the name has been shortened to PACCAR …… I never knew! To me, he was a modest man, a good friend and driver and I had no idea about his family’s wealth. I still miss his friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I have a story to go with this. Many years ago (Early 50’s) I was riding a motorcycle over some God forsaken mountain back of Bellingham. I was cold, wet and thoroughly exhausted having dropped the thing a half dozen times, fouled the plug and had been kicking it to no avail. A local Bellingham rider, Pat Piggot stopped (costing him 1st place in the event) to help me get the plug out, dry it with a cigarette lighter, kick start the beast and get me going.

Later, I found out that Pat owned the Bellingham VW Dealership (Evergreen Motors) and we became good friends riding lots of events and miles. When his passions moved to sports racing cars, I again helped out by commuting from West Vancouver to Bellingham to work on his cars. I remember one morning he wasn’t quite ready yet so I decided to warm up the Lotus …. To the bottom of the Chuckanut and back! Pat was impressed!
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/Pat-Pigott-USA.html

In 1962, we lost Pat.
    https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2245&dat=19621011&id=MbQzAAAAIBAJ&s jid=hzIHAAAAIBAJ&pg=6915,1184223&hl=en

About 7 or 8 years ago I was told a bit more about Pat. It seems that his Father was building rolling stock for the railroads around the turn of the century. The company was Pacific Car & Foundry.Today, the name has been shortened to PACCAR …… I never knew! To me, he was a modest man, a good friend and driver and I had no idea about his family’s wealth. I still miss his friendship.
    Thanks for posting that. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

But wow... https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2245&dat=19621011&id=MbQzAAAAIBAJ&s jid=hzIHAAAAIBAJ&pg=6915,1184223&hl=en

Penske, Ward, Gurney, Hall, Brabham, Gregory, Ireland, Leslie, Hill.
    There's a nap for that.

Hawk is offline RIP We will never forget you

Yeah, I used to hang with those guys ..... Some more than others, of course.

Damn I forgot about that
    Posted via Mobile Device