www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brampton truckers say they were targeted for unionizing

Default Re: Brampton truckers say they were targeted for unionizing

The reason to 'incorporate' is to protect your personal assets should something happen and you no longer can afford to pay your bills. With the economy the way it was in 06-08 things have changed quite a bit. There is no reason to become incorporated to protect yourself. You can save yourself the tax papers and extra filing and renewal requirements and just be a sole proprietor. No need for the INC. As the president/ceo/founder (whatever term you decide to use) when you become INC you will now have to personally guarantee the debts accrued by that company and or its acquisition of assets. No longer can you just walk away from the corporation untouched. You also can't just go bankrupt and walk away either like you used to. Things have changed for sure. Been several years since I was INC and self employed. I certainly don't miss it.

Grab A Gear & Disappear !

I tried to find a link to a case I recall but can't.

It was between Penske drivers based out of Mississauga and the CAW, maybe 10-12 years ago.

Penske claimed the drivers were not employees of Penske but of their agency and therefore were not eligible to Unionize. Bottom line was the arbitrator agreed with the CAW that the temp drivers did everything under Penske's directions so they were indeed employees and hence eligible to Unionize.

I have no idea what happened after that case.

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkwrap View Post
    I tried to find a link to a case I recall but can't.It was between Penske drivers based out of Mississauga and the CAW, maybe 10-12 years ago.Penske claimed the drivers were not employees of Penske but of their agency and therefore were not eligible to Unionize. Bottom line was the arbitrator agreed with the CAW that the temp drivers did everything under Penske's directions so they were indeed employees and hence eligible to Unionize.I have no idea what happened after that case.
    Drivers probably got cannedPosted via Mobile Device
    Stupid should hurt

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkwrap View Post
    I tried to find a link to a case I recall but can't.

It was between Penske drivers based out of Mississauga and the CAW, maybe 10-12 years ago.

Penske claimed the drivers were not employees of Penske but of their agency and therefore were not eligible to Unionize. Bottom line was the arbitrator agreed with the CAW that the temp drivers did everything under Penske's directions so they were indeed employees and hence eligible to Unionize.

I have no idea what happened after that case.
    I am guessing it is this decision: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/assets/portfol...automobile.pdf
    There's a nap for that.