www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On duty not driving beyond 14hrs

Default Re: On duty not driving beyond 14hrs

How about roadside breakdowns in a day cab to exceed 14hrs? No where close to any towns or villages.

Grab A Gear & Disappear !

Quote Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
    Blind Monkey.....My apologies I have been on "vacation mode" for the last 2 weeks & my mind wandered away on me.

I re-read the whole thread.

In Canada, under Federal regulation, you are only required to show one pre-trip inspection every 24 consecutive hours providing you keep the same equipment. . You do not have to show a post-trip.

Therefore your post-trip at the end of your duty cycle would not be required unless it is company policy.
    That's fine for Canada ,how does it work what about NY State where they only accept post trips?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    ..probably in one of my drunken stupors
    DRIVE FRIENDLY

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    That's fine for Canada ,how does it work what about NY State where they only accept post trips?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    In the U.S. follow U.S. rules.
    Pre-trip, the driver has to "be satisfied that the motor vehicle is in safe operating condition" (§396.13 Driver inspection.).

Post-trip, the driver is to "prepare a report in writing at the completion of each day's work on each vehicle operated" EXCEPT the driver is "not required to prepare or submit a report if no defect or deficiency is discovered by or reported to the driver" (§396.11 Driver vehicle inspection report(s).)

Unlike in Canada, which actually does specify that an inspection must be made, neither instruction from the FMCSA ACTUALLY specifies an inspection, although it can be inferred they mean to.

When I was running in the U.S. I would show both a pre- and post-trip inspection. I would often "flag" (less than 15 minutes) the pre- and log a 15-30 minute post.
    There's a nap for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lostNfound View Post
    In the U.S. follow U.S. rules.
    Pre-trip, the driver has to "be satisfied that the motor vehicle is in safe operating condition" (§396.13 Driver inspection.).

Post-trip, the driver is to "prepare a report in writing at the completion of each day's work on each vehicle operated" EXCEPT the driver is "not required to prepare or submit a report if no defect or deficiency is discovered by or reported to the driver" (§396.11 Driver vehicle inspection report(s).)

Unlike in Canada, which actually does specify that an inspection must be made, neither instruction from the FMCSA ACTUALLY specifies an inspection, although it can be inferred they mean to.

When I was running in the U.S. I would show both a pre- and post-trip inspection. I would often "flag" (less than 15 minutes) the pre- and log a 15-30 minute post.
    Yep that's what we had to do too. Had trouble sometimes getting some to actually do the post trip and finding the inspection sheet if they were local that day. I believe the post trip was the more important inspection. I could never figure why "some" companies would load a defective trailer and leave it for me at 10 pm.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    ..probably in one of my drunken stupors
    DRIVE FRIENDLY

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    Yep that's what we had to do too. Had trouble sometimes getting some to actually do the post trip and finding the inspection sheet if they were local that day. I believe the post trip was the more important inspection. I could never figure why "some" companies would load a defective trailer and leave it for me at 10 pm.Posted via Mobile Device
    Because the company and the people loading the trailer were not aware of any defects the last person pulling that trailer failed to notify anybody of. Or the last driver did hand in a cry sheet for that trailer but it was forgotten aboutPosted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
    Blind Monkey.....My apologies I have been on "vacation mode" for the last 2 weeks & my mind wandered away on me.I re-read the whole thread.In Canada, under Federal regulation, you are only required to show one pre-trip inspection every 24 consecutive hours providing you keep the same equipment. . You do not have to show a post-trip.Therefore your post-trip at the end of your duty cycle would not be required unless it is company policy.
    I show 15 minutes for post trip when I am at a terminal for the time spent working in the yard opening trailer and putting it in the dock prior to disconnect. Stoping somewhere I'm not doing any work then no on duty time just flag post trip with location after a quick walk around to check lights and tiresPosted via Mobile Device

15-Hour Limit May does not drive after having been on duty for 15 hours, following 8 consecutive hours off duty. Off-duty time is not included in the 15-hour period.
    11-Hour Driving Limit May drive a maximum of 11 hours after 10 consecutive hours off duty.
    Last edited by Maxx; 07-30-2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: removal of unauthorized ad

Quote Originally Posted by watsonsmith32 View Post
    15-Hour Limit May does not drive after having been on duty for 15 hours, following 8 consecutive hours off duty. Off-duty time is not included in the 15-hour period.11-Hour Driving Limit May drive a maximum of 11 hours after 10 consecutive hours off duty.
    Wrong countrys hos.Posted via Mobile Device