www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Average per mile for newbie

Default Re: Average per mile for newbie

This being, "yet another" career change for me, I'm new to trucking but not new to the "new guy" rodeo when it comes to startup careers. $0.40'ish seems to be a pretty normal offering for us new guys and being as we know nothing and can't perform like experienced drivers, its probably quite a good deal. So good, in fact that I expect not to earn much off it until I'm qualified to haul across border in a couple of years or so. What I am expecting, (once I finish training), is short runs, long turn-arounds and well scrutinized lengthy vehicle inspections etc.. Paid my dues in every career I've undertaken so far. I expect this will be no different. If it is, I'll be surprised and,,, very happy !

Not since the days of my first Graduation, in the 70's, have I expected people to throw money at me for my qualifications. If that works for you, you're a better man than I,,, or you're working in the UK, where institutionalized competence is the rule !!

I think as a newbie you should accept the job at the rate of 0.43 per mile and after some experience, you can charge high rates.
    Last edited by Maxx; 11-28-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: deleted ad

Agree , 0.43 to 0.45 cents is the rate for less experienced drivers. At the moment for experienced I see between 0.48 and 0.51 cents.
    but I consider after the EDL implementations drivers rate will increase.

I see Gold Freight is offering .60 cpm. I would be interested if any one working there who speaks the Kings English would like to review the company. How can a company offering this rate be grovelling for drivers with little to no experience?

Quote Originally Posted by sukh01 View Post
    Hi,
    I am a new driver. My employer( fleet of two trucks) is going to pay me .43 per mile. Is it comparable to industry average. I will be driving dryvan from Red Deer to abbots ford.
    I would imagine employer would bump your rate up after a few months if you don't hit nothing and just get the job done. First 3 months company needs no reason to let you go.
    New 50 year old driver was in our lunch room to pick up a truck and he had been waiting a few hours. He tells me the truck keeps shutting off after 5 minutes. I ask,,you check coolant level. Fat useless POS says no the truck should be ready to work. He never even lifted the hood! They come in all sizes, colours and ages.

Quote Originally Posted by MR WONDERFULL View Post
    I see Gold Freight is offering .60 cpm. I would be interested if any one working there who speaks the Kings English would like to review the company. How can a company offering this rate be grovelling for drivers with little to no experience?

My guess; a bait and switch. The rate will draw you in but "that" route will be gone when you arrive and you'll be offered something more modest but with "potential".

Batting Practise Champion!

Or they want to sign you up as an independent contractor..........
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.