www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shiny Side Up

Default Re: Shiny Side Up

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba Trucker View Post
    No response? Donít need one for sex (enough websites for that &#129315 but religion would be good.

Iím surprised that the politics forum isnít more active considering the mood of the people.

l
    While I have absolutely no interest in a sex forum of the "This is whom and how I like to ****" variety, I am definitely interested in scientific (sociological, anthropological, etc.) and cultural-centred debate on the subject.

As for politics, this is, after all, "truck stop canada." The only Canadians with a vested interest in politics are those who have something to gain from it, namely the rich and the poor. The Canadian middle class is divided between complacent and apathetic. Political "activism" (if it can be called that) in this country, is split between corporate lobbying on one end of the spectrum, and advocacy for the disenfranchised on the other. If you don't represent large business interests, or aren't the voice of the victims of "something or other", you have zero standing in Canadian political discourse.

Default Re: Shiny Side Up

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Lots of personal attacks and name calling causing some people to give up and leave.

Debate and discussion are good but it appears the internet allows many people to act like bullies.

"Social media is the spawn of the devil". How is that for a religious statement?
    I'm one of those who withdrew from the "Devil's Playground" (AKA FB), for those very reasons. When the average intellect, self-aggrandizing social media pundit runs out of facts, or more frequently never has any to begin with, he/she immediately adopts the authoritative position of imputing a biographical genesis of their adversary's opinion. Basically: "if you hold this (unorthodox, radical) view, it can only be because you come from ______ and _______ has happened in your life."

What ever happened to debating the points of the actual issue?