www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hiring Cross Border AZ Drivers

Default Re: Hiring Cross Border AZ Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by MR WONDERFULL View Post

That offer sucks! Paid waiting time after 2 hours! You should edit the job offer that you dont want truck drivers. You are looking for volunteers to sit in a truck without compensation while the clock ticks. Outfits like this are typical of trucking companies that pay drivers with what they have stolen from them. Obviously no mention of how much is paid for drops and picks. $10?
    .45 cpm to run USA
    You will definitely be recruiting from the shallow end of the gene pool

Mr.Wonderful. The worst part about forums...Is that instead of asking questions politely. People respond rudely. They jump to the worst conclusions and get angry and resentful for no reason.
    I understand that a lot of drivers out there have been burned in one way or another... at some point in their career.

I feel that being completely transparent in regards to what we offer is the right thing to do, to ensure that everyone is on the same page.(especially regarding our pay package)
    I understand that not all trucking companies operate with consideration and respect.
    I know that other companies butter up new/potential drivers with LIES. Such as promising them huge incentives and bonuses... then when the time comes down to the bottom line...they change their policies, or tell the driver that they don't qualify for the bonuses, etc.
    Not only is that UNFAIR... but it paints the rest of us with a negative brush.

For the sake of being completely open and honest.
    Yes, Wait time is paid after 2 hours for FTL. I should have been clearer, in saying that a majority of our freight is LTL...and I guess I should have also mentioned that its not often at all, that our drivers have to wait to be loaded/unloaded.
    In regards to the paid stops- we pay $35.00 for every single pick and drop.
    By no means do we rip our drivers off, or expect them to sit around unnecessarily.
    We are family owned and operated company and have been in business for 20+ years.
    We have many drivers that have been with us for over 10 Years.
    They are the face of our company, they represent us professionally and they work hard.
    These are the same drivers that choose to stay because they are treated well and paid fairly.

I'm sorry if my original post offended you, or anyone else.
    It was not my intention & I Hope you have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by highwaycat View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Would you mind mentioning the training/new driver packages here or you can PM me if it's better. I think Schneider is going to come to talk at our school.
    Hello Highwaycat,
    We at SGT also have a training program for new drivers that are willing to drive to US.
    If you like to know more please email sgokce@sgt.ca
    Thank you and wish you all the best.

We are Excited to announce a New Pay Package Effective June 4th
    Contact me to discuss your Future with Transport N Service!

pay1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sevket View Post
    Hello Highwaycat,
    Surely ERB is a great company.
    We at SGT also have a training program for new drivers that are willing to drive to US.
    3.5 day orientation/ 1 week in yard training/ 6 weeks over the road training with a trainer.
    Our trucks are Freightliner Cascadia's 2015 and newer. We operate out of Brampton Terminal with terminals in Quebec, Calgary, Houston , Laredo.
    During training you would get paid hourly rate $16.75 first 6 months, $17.45 6-12 months,for orientation you would get $250.
    After training when you go Solo it is 35cpm, $18.50 picks/drops,$12.50 switches for 0-6 months experience.
    6-12 months experience= 42cpm US long, 46cpm shortdistance states, $18.50 picks /drops, $12.50 switches.
    And every year of experience the pay goes up.
    In Brampton we are only 50 trucks, so it is more personalized and we go every state except California,Alaska,Hawaii
    If you like to know more please email sgokce@sgt.ca
    Thank you and wish you all the best.
    I been at this 40 years and I absolutely see no reason to pay new driver less per mile than experienced driver as they are both generating the same revenue for the blood sucking thieves who employ them. My current employer of over 20 years wanted me to start at a 10% discount my first 3 months of employment, when I asked why they could not come up with a reasonable explanation other than "company policy" which they determined could be overlooked if I would start working immediately.
    I absolutely won't cross the border for work and sure as heck would not do it without being paid a premium. Have not run south in 20 years and its only getting worse down there. Not worth the aggravation without a substantial premium. Let the greenhorns have that nonsense.