www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Trappers transport winnipeg

Default Trappers transport winnipeg

Hey everyone just got a letter from the labour board and I won my law suite against this company!!! That's right drivers if your company is a federally regulated company even if you are paid by the mile you are to be paid overtime after 60 hours per week I sued and won love my nice big cheque from the government thanks trapppers to all drivers current or past call the winnipeg labour board get the paperwork and file your claim or go see there joke of a manager and ask why you are not not getting your overtime yes it's the law drivers

Default Re: Trappers transport winnipeg

Posted via Mobile Device

Congrats and good for you. You know of all the trucking companies out there, there is only ONE that I am aware of who does the right thing and pays overtime after the 60 hours as Federally mandated. The rest are a bunch of thieves - even the almighty Bison transport is just as crooked and CHEAP as the rest. Not one company I have worked for has ever (save for the one I just noted, but not worked for) even bothered to tell it's employees they are entitled to the O/T.

I only have to wonder now just how many drivers will act on this information now. Sadly I suspect the answer to be near ZERO.

Insist on overtime for the few hours you go over 60 and get your miles cut so you don't break 60hrs..... Yup I can see everyone doing this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Monkey View Post
    Insist on overtime for the few hours you go over 60 and get your miles cut so you don't break 60hrs..... Yup I can see everyone doing this.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    For the few hours??? who do you work for? I have yet to see any driver put in less than 70 on paper per week and in reality, well... that's another story. Minimum 10 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, yep, I guess your maths is right, only a few hours there.

I work for a BC/Alberta overnight ltl company. I'm home every weekend. Your right I come close to max hours regularly and so do many others. But if you tried to claim the overtime you can be sure a company would just cut back the miles till you stayed under 60hrs
    Posted via Mobile Device

I might gain 100-150 week if they don't cut the miles. But if they cut the miles I'll lose 200-300 week
    Posted via Mobile Device

So.. did you go through the labour board or was there a lawsuit? I went after a previous employer for some unpaid over time and after the federal labour board sent them a letter I got paid. No lawsuit required.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I went through the labour board and they were great Sure took a while because these company's like to stallYa aND hope you go away and yes drivers it's the law thatThey have to pay us overtime and they know it toFight for your rights I did.