www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Local GTA companies Hiring Owner Operators

Default Local GTA companies Hiring Owner Operators

Hello

I wanted to start local work within GTA as an owner operator. Need to know if there are any recommendations for local work.

Now a days there are two models in the market , one is per hour rate and other is per load basis , more or less after calculating both it turns out that owner operator can get around $ 26 / hour. Provided truck runs 1200 Kms in a week and around 60 hrs /week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goraya View Post
    Hello

I wanted to start local work within GTA as an owner operator. Need to know if there are any recommendations for local work.

Now a days there are two models in the market , one is per hour rate and other is per load basis , more or less after calculating both it turns out that owner operator can get around $ 26 / hour. Provided truck runs 1200 Kms in a week and around 60 hrs /week.

Thanks
    I'll save you years of your life. At the end of the day you will put minimum wage in your pocket and repairs will come from that.
    Have a look at MET Motor Express Terminals.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    ..probably in one of my drunken stupors
    DRIVE FRIENDLY

Default Re: Local GTA companies Hiring Owner Operators

Please tell me that isn't $26/hr to the truck!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    There's a nap for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lostNfound View Post
    Please tell me that isn't $26/hr to the truck!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    $26 per hour as a DRIVER would be okay. As an owner/operator that’s a losing proposition. Move on, look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Christian Trucker’s Story of Redemption http://www.ShinySideUp.ca

Quote Originally Posted by goraya View Post
    Hello

Thanks
    You do know what o/o means right? It means you own the truck and or trailer. Now are you talking tractor trailer or sprinter van? Not that it matters but 26 per hr won't cover either of those options. Its good to ask questions but maybe a little more specific question would help. Narrow it down a little. 26 per hr should be a drivers wage not an o/o.

That's a bit below the prevailing GTA rate....$33 Is the number I see most time...which is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    That's a bit below the prevailing GTA rate....$33 Is the number I see most time...which is a joke.
    Unless you're running the truck 24 hours a day with two indian drivers getting paid 7 bucks an hour and the truck sits getting loaded/unloaded 20 out of those 24 hours i don't know how anyone can make money at that rate.

Goraya in my opinion if you want to make money in this industry working for a company isn't the answer, especially at those rates.
    Get your own cvor, own us dot numbers and all needed premits, insurance and get your own freight without 3 people in line before you lining their pockets. It's not easy but in my opinion the only way to go.