www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Bolt cutters

Default Bolt cutters

I've been issued bolt style security seals by my company. These, I presume, are mild steel and are 1/4" in dia. Will 18" bolt cutters be adequate for removing these or do I need to go with 24"?

Thanx

Default Re: Bolt cutters

If it were me, I would go with the 24" cutter, or even 30", because they will cut easier and there's more and bigger things you can cut.

When I worked as P engineer in a hospital I got called to assist with surgery once, with a pair of 30" bolt cutters.
    The patient had a piece of 3/4" rebar sticking out his front and back on one side and I had to get dressed up in greens and report to OR so I could cut one end off before removing it because it was bent like a horseshoe.

Batting Practise Champion!

I'd get me some high class quality bolt cutters, really big ones. If those seals are made of the stuff they were using when I was trying to cut them them bastiches are tougher than boiled owl poop.
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.

Bigger the better. I swear the odd bolt seal has titanium in them. Also, don't squeeze with both arms, put one arm of the cutter against the trailer and push with the other. MUCH easier, but Im sure you know that already.