www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Team schedule - /?

Default Re: Best Team schedule - /?

Before you consider team driving, consider the pic. Driver had about 1 month experience, his co-driver was asleep and woke up on his head.

Happened at truck stop in Indiana when driver cut corner and ditched it. I’d prefer to drive alone. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Christian Trucker’s Story of Redemption http://www.ShinySideUp.ca

thank you for the concern as I said, me and my wife did team in europe for 4 years so we are new to this.
    watched FMCA website and nothing (or I am blind) about team driving in Hours of service.

Never ran team as a full timer, but would double up from time to time with O/O's I knew if they needed me, a week or two here and there.

One of us would take care of the logs, the other would do the fueling and tire checks.
    We had no set hours between us, whoever was freshest, or felt like it, drove the truck while the other slept.
    Sometimes we might drive 4 or 5 hours, sometimes we would do 10 or 12 hours.
    It worked out that neither of us was ever really tired or run down.

In contrast, my neighbor who ran double for Reimer's for 15 years, (by the book), always looked like crap, like he needed a good rest.

I understand that we can can split the driving, but if for the States each drivers needs a min of 8h consecutive in the sleeper that meanst that the other must drive 8h, so there is not much room for spliting the driving hours if the truck needs to drive non-stop.

Batting Practise Champion!

You can understand all you like, the guy you're going to have to convince is the guy with the uniform, the gun, and the badge. I would strongly suggest you contact an office of the USDOT and get them to explain it to you and show you in black and white. The closest folks to you are at the Bow Hill scale in Northern Washington on I-5. The words of your dispatcher, other truckers, and your mother in law are not necessarily the truth and they are not the ones that are going to have to pay the fines and do the time when you get caught.
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.

thank you, will look it up on google, maybe I find a phone number.

#Rodeo Joe - you have been extremely hellpfull, called that DOT office and they told me how it is.
    He said that there is no team rules and that solo drivers rules apply to teams also.
    So I am allowed to split the sleeper brake into 2+8 for a 10h rest period but he said most drivers do 10-10 and that's what he recommends.
    I told him, that we come from 4.5h shifts and to go on a 10h shift would be a bit tough, he then suggested that every 3-4h or so stop for 30min as that also he see's on other teams, so in a 10 shift you would have 1h30min of relax time, streching whatever.
    That last option would be closer to what we had in EU, 4.5h driving/45min brake ,4.5h driving/45min brake, so spliting into 4-3-3 should do the job.
    thanks again

That works in Canada. In the U.S your rest breaks, to qualify as downtime for your 10 hours mandatory, have to be continuous hours. 8 hours continuous sleeper and 2 hours continuous off duty or 10 hours continuous off-duty. That being said, in the U.S, you are also required to take a 30 minute break within your first 8 hours of on-duty shift. (exempt for hazmat, O/S or livestock transport.)

Quote Originally Posted by mr c View Post
    #Rodeo Joe - you have been extremely hellpfull, called that DOT office and they told me how it is.
    He said that there is no team rules and that solo drivers rules apply to teams also.
    So I am allowed to split the sleeper brake into 2+8 for a 10h rest period but he said most drivers do 10-10 and that's what he recommends.
    I told him, that we come from 4.5h shifts and to go on a 10h shift would be a bit tough, he then suggested that every 3-4h or so stop for 30min as that also he see's on other teams, so in a 10 shift you would have 1h30min of relax time, streching whatever.
    That last option would be closer to what we had in EU, 4.5h driving/45min brake ,4.5h driving/45min brake, so spliting into 4-3-3 should do the job.
    thanks again
    You can't fix stupid