www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Afternoon Coffee: Trumps Hints at Separate Trade Deals with Canada and Mexico

1. Default Afternoon Coffee: Trumps Hints at Separate Trade Deals with Canada and Mexico

With a renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement by the end of this year off the table, President Trump has signaled that he now would prefer to negotiate separate bilateral deals with Canada and Mexico rather than continue a three-country discussion, the New York Times reports. The two countries have opposed the idea as cumbersome and unnecessary.

Uber Freight

Uber Freight has announced a new offering that provides motor carriers with multiple trucks to more efficiently manage operations and increase productivity, according to SupplyChain 24/7. Called Fleet Mode, the tool allows “carriers and their dispatchers to find, book, and reassign the best loads for their team,” Uber wrote in a blog post.

Riskmethods Intregrates with IntegrityNext

Supply chain risk monitoring provider riskmethods announced Tuesday it had added new sustainability and compliance features through an integration with IntegrityNext, according to a press release. The add-on helps companies to adhere to international standards such as UN Global Compact, OECD, ISO, GRI and more.

“The Risk Intelligence Add-on based on IntegrityNext allows us to extend our risk coverage within the area of sustainability and compliance with risk indicators such as anti-bribery, environmental protection, human rights and labor, health and safety, quality management, conflict minerals and cyber security,” said Heiko Schwarz, founder and managing director of riskmethods. “We’re also excited about the real-time social media monitoring capability of IntegrityNext, which monitors public opinion and sentiment of supply chain actors, a critical reputational risk to companies.”

Retaliatory Tariffs

And finally, a trade update: Mexico has hit back against the Trump administration’s steel and aluminum tariffs with its own set of duties on a variety of products, Reuters reports. Mexico’s list included a 20% tariff on U.S. pork legs and shoulders, apples and potatoes, as well as 20%–25% duties on types of cheeses and bourbon.

Source of article click here : Spend Matters
    I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Default Re: Afternoon Coffee: Trumps Hints at Separate Trade Deals with Canada and Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    With a renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement by the end of this year off the table, President Trump has signaled that he now would prefer to negotiate separate bilateral deals with Canada and Mexico rather than continue a three-country discussion, the New York Times reports. The two countries have opposed the idea as cumbersome and unnecessary.

Trump is a complete and total buffoon and bully. When he doesn’t win he takes cheap shots at his opponents. No matter what your political stripes are, you cannot argue with the fact that he is a serious problem. He makes enemies out of friends with his stupid comments.

If he doesn’t start WW3 before the end of his presidency I’ll be very surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Christian Trucker’s Story of Redemption http://www.ShinySideUp.ca

Default Re: Afternoon Coffee: Trumps Hints at Separate Trade Deals with Canada and Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba Trucker View Post
    If he doesn’t start WW3 before the end of his presidency I’ll be very surprised.
    He's already started or least ignited the flame for a trade war and the effects will have a noticeable impact on our economy and cost of living. We're going to Costco and stocking up on TP and dish washer pods.
    Cheers
    Maxx

One of the good things about living in a small community is when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.

Trump... buffoon and bully?

No... and yes.

Yes, he is a bully... very much so. But he also an entertainer; after all, this is the reality show president. So, a lot of his bullying has to be seen in the light of tactics and theatre. It is meant to incite and inflame.

A buffoon? No... even though I used to think so. I have come to believe that Trump is neither buffoon nor intellectual. He is a man who is smart-- street smart-- and who has learned numerous techniques that have worked for him over the years so he doesn't stray from them.
    There's a nap for that.