www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Owner of suspended trucking company recruiting drivers again

Default Owner of suspended trucking company recruiting drivers again

I'm offended by the actions of this owner after the Broncos hockey team bus and semi owned by Adesh Deol Trucking.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...pany-1.4694074
    Cheers
    Maxx

One of the good things about living in a small community is when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.

Batting Practise Champion!

Default Re: Owner of suspended trucking company recruiting drivers again

I, too, am appalled at this outfit being back in business under a different name. Chameleon outfits, the head of the AMTA called them. Very common here in BC, get caught at something and open up the next day with a new company and carry on as if nothing happened. Buy your inspection certs from your brother in law who's in the inspection business and carry on. Same owners, same trucks, same drivers, new numbered company name on the door applied with stickons or cardboard and a Sharpie. Alberta transport minister was on Global TV last night saying it was all legal and above board. New owners of the Bronco truck are headquartered in the same house as the old owner.
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.

If he only had two trucks before, and one was in the crash and now out of commission... And it was himself and the Humboldt driver (who's never been identified) that were employed... working out of the same address etc.. Its clearly him. Its kind of disgusting that's even legal? Yet it happens constantly.... Why can't they change the laws, and rules to prevent this?? Discrimination lawsuits thats how.

No government wants to get into battle with 60% of the driver pool in this country. MPI is already being sued by a group of drivers for discrimination.. Has been under way for years, not sure what the update is.

Grab A Gear & Disappear !

The owner of company had nothing to do with the Humbolt tragedy. No reason for him not to continue on business as usual.
    Surely none of the mega trucking outfits close their doors when the negligence of one their employees causes death and it has happened time and again for decades and will continue.

Batting Practise Champion!

The offensive part comes after the trucking company had his license to operate suspended and then the company opened up from the same address with a different name and an unblemished record. The old company also bears some of the responsibility for employing an alleged inexperienced driver. I'm surmising here, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donut holes that the alleged inexperienced driver was a relative of the owner of the company. And the owner had nothing to do with the Humbolt tragedy? I beg to differ and would suggest that the owner was the author and enabler of the tragedy.
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoJoe View Post
    The offensive part comes after the trucking company had his license to operate suspended and then the company opened up from the same address with a different name and an unblemished record. The old company also bears some of the responsibility for employing an alleged inexperienced driver. I'm surmising here, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donut holes that the alleged inexperienced driver was a relative of the owner of the company. And the owner had nothing to do with the Humbolt tragedy? I beg to differ and would suggest that the owner was the author and enabler of the tragedy.
    I would agree, and add to, that the shipper may also have been part of the equation, the owner and shipper pressuring the driver to make a same day delivery in Melfort, presumably before 6:00 PM.
    The crash happened at 5:00 PM, the driver was less than an hour from Melfort where he was to deliver before heading to Calgary.
    After so many years on the road and being pressured myself, I have a feeling, if you know what I mean.

Just a guess at this point, but most truckers know what it means to be pressured to deliver, and we try our best to please.