Accused released on bail but forfeited his passport. :

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...rash-1.4740373

Also being sued now along with trucking company:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...rash-1.4740719

Not that they’ll get anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Christian Trucker’s Story of Redemption http://www.ShinySideUp.ca

Default Re: Out on bail...and more

This has been a sad event from the beginning and it continues to get sadder.
    I can relate to what the survivors and families are going through and what is yet to come, and it's not pretty.

It's a shame that this catastrophe might have been prevented if politicians hadn't been long time puppets to industry and more worried about filling seats without the foresight to understand the problems they would create with their lax attitude toward experience requirements and the notion that anyone with a pulse can do the job.

This has become a repeat of what happened in Ontario, Alberta politicians jumping on the band wagon, taking the opportunity to save face when the problem becomes obvious, but not before.

For most of my driving career I've maintained that ON and AB have more cowboys per capita driving trucks than the rest of the country and I stand by that today, nobody can convince me otherwise.

Go figure, a province with some of Canada's most skilled drivers would also have the worst drivers, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by semi coherent View Post
    This has been a sad event from the beginning and it continues to get sadder.
    I can relate to what the survivors and families are going through and what is yet to come, and it's not pretty.

It's a shame that this catastrophe might have been prevented if politicians hadn't been long time puppets to industry and more worried about filling seats without the foresight to understand the problems they would create with their lax attitude toward experience requirements and the notion that anyone with a pulse can do the job.

This has become a repeat of what happened in Ontario, Alberta politicians jumping on the band wagon, taking the opportunity to save face when the problem becomes obvious, but not before.

For most of my driving career I've maintained that ON and AB have more cowboys per capita driving trucks than the rest of the country and I stand by that today, nobody can convince me otherwise.

Go figure, a province with some of Canada's most skilled drivers would also have the worst drivers, sad.
    The sad part is, in Ontario, the industry tried to get the government to mandate accredited training schools and proper training 25 years ago and the request kept getting turned down It wasn't until all those wheels started coming off trucks causing horrific crashes, that the Liberals to buy votes had a great idea to mandate accredited training schools and proper driving training.

Then, provincial laws allowed drivers from Ontario to go to Alta and B.C to "buy" a class 1 licence, return to Ontario and have it changed to a Class A licence here, no questions asked.
    You can't fix stupid

Licensing across the country needs to be standardized. Rules in different provinces cause issues that allow people to bypass regulations.

I also think that a graduates license with restrictions on it would be a good idea. No dangerous goods, single trailers, restricted hours, more testing, etc until they graduate to a full license.

We need to bring up the standard of drivers in Canada and hopefully prevent other major accidents.

Just my 2c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Christian Trucker’s Story of Redemption http://www.ShinySideUp.ca

Batting Practise Champion!

It could be started by paying a living wage.
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoJoe View Post
    It could be started by paying a living wage.
    Thread hijack alert define living

This industry is unbelievable. I recently hauled military load to Wainwright Ab. My cut was 7000 us on 2400 miles....I was called to do the return. started to head that way when the load cancelled. We were under cut to 4500...... Thats grs so knock 25% out of that. So someone went in there and just smashed the rate by 3 grand. Now all you per mile drivers don't even see that difference but I will let you do the return, and I will bring it out and let you haul it cheap back. Rodeo hits the nail on the head once again. That was one of the big CANADIAN outfits that did that....So when your looking to blame someone about these conditions don't look to far. Chances are you drive for them in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by a2madmac View Post
    Thread hijack alertdefine living

This industry is unbelievable. I recently hauled military load to Wainwright Ab. My cut was 7000 us on 2400 miles....I was called to do the return. started to head that way when the load cancelled. We were under cut to 4500...... Thats grs so knock 25% out of that. So someone went in there and just smashed the rate by 3 grand. Now all you per mile drivers don't even see that difference but I will let you do the return, and I will bring it out and let you haul it cheap back. Rodeo hits the nail on the head once again. That was one of the big CANADIAN outfits that did that....So when your looking to blame someone about these conditions don't look to far. Chances are you drive for them in one way or another.
    Q-line cut the rate?Posted via Mobile Device

a2madmac ...

Why hijack this? It's easy to start a new one.
    Cheers
    Maxx

One of the good things about living in a small community is when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    a2madmac ...Why hijack this? It's easy to start a new one.
    It was in line with Rodeo's comment.I just expanded lol. Not sure it was Qline Nate. But they did a lot of them...Posted via Mobile Device