www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: New customs requirements (tariffs)

Default New customs requirements (tariffs)

Our company just did a few loads of steel out of QC. It was shown to have 2% Turkish steel in the makeup on custom docs. All 4 loads were turned around sent back to shipper and had to be off loaded, stamped showing the Turkish content. reloaded and start all over. This is costing someone some money.... These guys all got compensated for their time but, put them behind on the rest of the week / month. Anyone else having any US customs anomaly's?

Default Re: New customs requirements (tariffs)

ive almost been turned around because we couldn't find the "made in x country" stamp on railway rail. That was 6 months ago . It's my understanding from that experience any goods going into the states is supposed to have something like that
    Posted via Mobile Device

It has been my understanding that any goods going to/through the US has had to have country of origin labelling/documentation for quite a few years, so there is no reason for it to not be in order. That has been the case with all of my cross border shipments for the last five years.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    There's a nap for that.

They had to stamp the steel not the paperwork. Paperwork had all of that it was fine . just didn't reflect on the product, I've never had an issue but will be looking from now on.

It's always supposed to be on the product. Nothing new
    Posted via Mobile Device

Just another reason I won't do cross border trucking. Border crossing was never a issue but I could not deal with ELDS
    I am always trying to find country of origin on snacks at the Dollar Store. Most food items have no country of origin,only the importers country.

The Canadian Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act requires that all labels be bilingual in English and French with Dealer's Name and Principal Place of Business:,Net Quantity Declaration:, and Product Identity Declaration and also requires an indication of the country of origin