www.expediterworld.com
www.truckstopuk.co.uk
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: h&r transport

Default h&r transport

do we have any drivers who drive for h&r out of lethbridge ive noticed they have been doing lots of recruiting in the uk anyone know what there like to work for i'm not to sure if they hire only teams or single drivers

Default Re: h&r transport

Quote Originally Posted by irish cattle hauler View Post
    anyone know what there like to work for
    "Hit & Run" aka "Half Rate" is always advertising for drivers, even in a downed economy. Big Red trucks is about all they have to offer...that and a revolving door, easy in, easy out. Don't pack a lot of gear in your truck, the law of averages says you won't be there long!
    If you're not skilled on the job, you could be killed on the job.

Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap
    Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” >Will Rogers

http://www.canadiantruckdriverjobs.com/hrtrans.html Come Join The Big Red Team Today

Batting Practise Champion!

This was one of the companies I applied to when I decided to take myself out of retirement (well, truth be told, Mrs. RJ told me to get my butt out of the house and quit bugging her). I got 299 (second highest score ever) out of a possible 300 on the pretrip and written exam and passed the road test with flying colours. I was looking for a part time gig, maybe once a week to Calgary or Edmonton or a once a week team deal to Winnipeg or a twice a month team deal to Toronnna. I didn't hear from them for a couple of weeks so I phoned Calgary recruiting and was told (after 3 calls) that I didn't meet their requirements at that time and to reapply in 3 months. This reply to a driver that had at that time over 4 million miles accident free and over 40 years experience on both sides of the border. Go figure. I went back to a company that I had driven for off and on for the past 30 odd years and was welcomed with open arms and am still there, happy as a pig in you know what.
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoJoe View Post
    This was one of the companies I applied to when I decided to take myself out of retirement (well, truth be told, Mrs. RJ told me to get my butt out of the house and quit bugging her). I got 299 (second highest score ever) out of a possible 300 on the pretrip and written exam and passed the road test with flying colours. I was looking for a part time gig, maybe once a week to Calgary or Edmonton or a once a week team deal to Winnipeg or a twice a month team deal to Toronnna. I didn't hear from them for a couple of weeks so I phoned Calgary recruiting and was told (after 3 calls) that I didn't meet their requirements at that time and to reapply in 3 months. This reply to a driver that had at that time over 4 million miles accident free and over 40 years experience on both sides of the border. Go figure. I went back to a company that I had driven for off and on for the past 30 odd years and was welcomed with open arms and am still there, happy as a pig in you know what.
    Happy as a pig laying down on clean straw ????
    I thought I had made a mistake until I realised that it was just an error.

Batting Practise Champion!

10/4 on the clean straw!
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoJoe View Post
    i'm amazed a professional driver with 4 million miles plus was treated in such a way . sorry to hear that sir but at least you found something right

Quote Originally Posted by maan View Post
    http://www.canadiantruckdriverjobs.com/hrtrans.html Come Join The Big Red Team Today

i did hear they were paying 42 cents a mile canada /usa i know a couple of english guys who are driving for them they seem happy enough getting the miles 2500 a week paid on time good equipment trucks with apu's there even paying for the drivers flight from uk to calgary pick up at the airport paid accomadation while training sound's ok

the big cost is all the paperwork needed to be done so can get to stay.lots of hoops to jump couple friends did they not regret cause got a better lifestyle than what had and they like it here. I work for a compony that has some tey do the take the load and shut up thing to me to. the miles are not as good as they were say 6month ago.the lengh of haul is less and as a result you make less money. spend more time waiting for a load and less time at home. moving to another compony not solve the problem be same their i am betting so i am going to try my best to stick it out wehen thing turn around hopefully wages ect do to.

Heres a BLOG from a driver at H & R who came from England

http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html