www.expediterworld.com
www.truckstopuk.co.uk
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Series 60 EGR Disable Solution

Default Re: Detroit Series 60 EGR Disable Solution

just woundering i have a 2006 freightliner im haveing this same problem what does this mod do to the egr valve does it keep it in the closed position and what is DPF MEAN

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb74 View Post
    just woundering i have a 2006 freightliner im haveing this same problem what does this mod do to the egr valve does it keep it in the closed position and what is DPF MEAN
    Keeps the egr in the closed position. DPF stands for diesel particulate filter. It comes on all 2008 and newer model trucks and causes extremely expensive repairs and downtime!

Hello Poorboy, just wondering if you are still running with disabled EGR and if it's still working fine. Is there anyone else who's done it and has it worked out for them. I just want to make sure before try it myself.

Hey...

Yeah truck is running great I am on my 2nd oilchange since the mod...oil is so much cleaner right now due to egr being closed. I still get EGR Erratic Function code after about 10 min of drive but it resets everytime your restart the truck...did a redneck mod there too piece of black electrical tape covering yellow engine light red is the really important one anyway.

Truck is getting solid 38.00L per 100km pulling tridems mostly in Alberta...no derate in fact I beleive I have gained few HP I am pulling hills now in 5th direct before had to go to 4th or even 3'd od. I have another truck with DDEC V I am going to try doing the same thing tho this one I have a DPF filter and EGR so will see how that works out.

Sounds good , I'll do the fix this week before I head out to Edm. I run Vancouver (Abbotsford) , Edm, Calgary, Abbotsford. I'll let you know how it works. Maybe see you out there now that I know your truck. Thx man.

Poorboy, you have a light out on your visor.
    If you're not skilled on the job, you could be killed on the job.

Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap
    Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” >Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Poorboy, you have a light out on your visor.
    10-4 brother got er fixedPosted via Mobile Device

Hi, I did this today....but, I did cut the sensor off and I connect resistors directly to the black and gray wires and I did attached 2 wires to another end of each resistor(one wire per resistor) and then those two wires I attached to the red one. Did the test run just bobtale-runs fine. Idles normal but sometimes EGR kicks in. Just wonder did I do somesing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by poorboy View Post
    After reading up on how to activate boost mode on series 60 14L i decided to try it...and what a difference it has made to the engine WOW!
    EGR is disabled and runs strictly as a pre EGR engine...
    Definitely noticed more power and crisp throttle response idles different too. I did about 1500km so far loaded with super b 88,000lbs and pulling strong where as before I had cough and miss, stumble, black smoke, no power.........nightmare to drive

Anyway i strongly recommend this trick to anyone...this works on MBE 4000 as well

Attached is a simple diagram what to do.
    *** barometric pressure sensor is located under the intake buried in the wiring loom very easy to spot size of usb stick
    look for BLACK PINK GRAY wires
    All you need is some wire and 2 pcs 10K ohm 1/2 watt resistors
    Voltage between black and gray wire is about 5V on key on, to activate boost mode voltage to pink wire needs to be 2.5V or less in order for ECM to activate this program.

Attachment 412Attachment 413

thanks for the pictures and info but the only question I have is what do I do with the pink wire? When I have the 2 wires with the resistors on, do I hook them into the pink wire or what? I understand not to hook the sensor back up, but what do I do with the pink wire. Any helpwould be great seeing that I want to do the mod very soon like tomorrow. Thanks

As I understood, two wires with resistors go to that pink wire,that what I did.